The BEST eyeshadow palette of 2016!



Normally, I would add the word 'arguably' to the title but, for me, this palette doesn't deserve to be questioned. The Nubian palette by Juvia's place is by far the best palette of 2016; the moment I saw it, I knew I had to have it and when I did obtain it, it was exactly what I'd hoped for in terms of texture, longevity, blendability and colour payoff, as you'll see throughout this post. I know it's a bit late as we're WELL into 2017 but I guarantee that after reading this, you'll want this palette as a part of your collection.


Have a look at it: isn't it just a thing of beauty?! This palette genuinely isn't huge, allowing you to take it travelling, however, I'd still be careful due to the fact that the packaging is made from a hard kind of cardboard instead of that sturdy metal that we all know and love. Nevertheless, there's still that magnetic closure that, if you've read some of my previous reviews, I ALWAYS look for; I'm a happy bunny.

As you can see, the decoration on the front of the palette is quite simplistic, but I think that's what makes it so very adorable! (I don't know if you guys can tell but I'm in love with this palette; at the moment, it can do NO wrong in my eyes!)

So, packaging wise, I'm pretty satisfied, aren't you?!


And it's ON TO THE NEXT ONE (by that, I mean next evaluation category but the lyrics tempted me, people, so I had to use them...)

The most important part is the actual shadows, of course, because no one likes a beautiful palette with crappy shadows, do they? The answer is NO THEY DON'T because the appearance isn't the most important thing, it's the inside that really matters. (Yes, in my world, that classic expression is also applicable to makeup. You're welcome.)

First of all, I don't think I need to even tell you guys what I think about the colour range; as you can see from the photos, this palette is definitely the ULTIMATE warm palette, with it's beautiful neutral shades and tones. You'll see just how gorgeous these colours are with the swatches and my shade descriptions now! (The shades don't have names, so I'll be swatching and describing them row by row, from left to right.)

All swatches are done with my finger and without an eyeshadow base/primer, in order to show the true amount of pigmentation behind the shadows.

1st row swatches
Shade 1: A creamy champagne shimmer with a pink twist (It's a duochrome, guys!)
Shade 2: A burnt orange/ peanut butter coloured matte
Shade 3: A milk chocolate toned matte
Shade 4: A rich, glittery light pink shimmer

2nd row swatches
 Shade 1: A grapefruit-like frosty red shimmer
 Shade 2: A rich, dark golden shimmer
 Shade 3: A bronzy red shimmer
 Shade 4: A rich copper shimmer

3rd row swatches

Shade 1: A rusty brown shimmer
Shade 2: A classic brown matte
Shade 3: A blackened cocoa shimmer
Shade 4: An off-black matte


As you guys can see, the shades in here are absolutely stunning and all pack a punch when it comes to pigment. I was blown away by the 8 shimmers provided in this palette; some of them are so creamy and buttery that it's almost like dipping into a cream shadow. These are such a pleasure to work with and blend out FLAWLESSLY. I've created so many looks with this palette, some of them being quite basic, everyday looks and others being genuine showstoppers. 

To conclude this special feature of the Nubian palette, I'd just like to say that if you hadn't heard of it or just weren't aware of exactly how GORGEOUS it is, it's definitely worth picking up. I'd choose this palette (retails for 30$) over a lot of my more expensive ones, ANY DAY, due to the quality displayed here. This palette was definitely my favourite of 2016; it was such a triumph!




I hope you guys enjoyed reading this post about my favourite eyeshadow palette of 2016 and I can't wait to see which one takes the cake at the end of 2017!

What was your favourite palette of 2016 and why? Let me know in the comments section below and, as always, follow my blog for more content just like this! Oh yeah, before I go, I'd just like to leave you with an individual swatch of that stunning duochrome shade!

At this point, you've GOT to want to buy this palette if you haven't already; I'm definitely LIVING for it!

Until next time,
Marina Rosie x

34 comments

  1. These colors are beautiful :) I love these shades :)
    Regards
    body-and-hair-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours are for sure stunning Lili, you've got that one right! xx
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. I've heard so much about this palette! The colours are so beautiful, definitely something I want to get. Nice review! xx

    Coco Bella Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Demilade,
      I know, this palette is a beauty isn't it! I'm so glad you've been prompted to buy it, you won't regret it, that's for sure! Thanks so much for reading,
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. I can't believe I've never heard of this brand nor palette, it's beautiful. Somehow, I just want to grab it out from the screen lol! I'm gonna have to buy this... Thanks a lot Marina Rosie..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Leyla, it is very beautiful lovely, sorry to have tempted you like that! xx Go and get it already girl! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. Some really lovely shades here!! Looks like a great palette! x

    Much love,
    Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marianne, thanks very much for reading! For the record, I agree with you COMPLETELY: this palette is one that I can't live without! xx
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  5. This palate looks amazing, I love the box too!
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the image on the front is so unique, I LOVE it! xx
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie x

      Delete
  6. Wow! Thanks for sharing the colors are beyond great looks like something I should try hahaha

    NEW POST: https://lotofdots.wordpress.com/2017/03/14/pasta-paradise/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belen! What a lovely comment, thank you very much dear! Definitely something you should try, I give you my word, you won't regret it! xx

      Delete
  7. This palette is gorgeous and your swatches are absolutely gorgeous! Such a gem. X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, everything said there means a lot Kate, love your blog by the way! This is an absolute gem isn't it! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  8. This palette looks amazing! I want to try Juvias place so bad!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You so should, they've got a new palette out and it looks just as gorgeous as this one: definitely give the saharan palette a looking at! xx
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  9. These colours are really lovely hun, look forward to seeing more posts from you!!!

    Hope you're well :)

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really nice to see you here Layla, thanks very much for reading and enjoying xx I'm very well, I hope you are too x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sharing! I'm currently using Mac but will likely look for a new one when it's used up :)

    -Kirsten // www.porkandcookies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss, I am for sure a big fan of Mac shadows so I understand that you're loving that one right now but if you have a chance in the future, do check this one out! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  11. I have read lots of reviews about how wonderful is this palette, I think I'm going to buy it for sure! ♥

    www.heresometimes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, that's wonderful! It's so worth it, let me know how you find it! xx
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  12. it looks a nice palette!

    blog: www.fashi0n-m0de.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely palette Enrica! xx
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  13. Wow the colors really are gorgeous, I especially love the second row of shades! For $30 that really is an excellent value. Thank you for sharing this!

    Jenny // Geeky Posh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for reading Jenny; yes, this palette is sooo beautiful and great value. I couldn't ask for more in a palette! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  14. I love this palette too. The shades are really pretty and pigmented.

    clairetalksbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yass, the pigment on some of the shimmer shades is just CRAZY, I can't even tell you!! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  15. This photos make me want the palette even more!!

    http://www.desiringsme.com/spring-outfits-lookbook/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yasss, it's such a beauty, this one! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  16. OMG this palette is stunning and so pigmented! This post makes me want to buy them even more! xx Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the pigment is honestly what blew me away too. I dipped into some shades and I honestly didn't know what to say! x If you ever want a new palette, make it this one! xx
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  17. Wow, definitely want to give this one a try..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely very impressive Danielle, I'm 100% sure you'll love it to bits! xx
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment - I do my utmost to read and reply to every single one of them.